Installing WordPress is relatively easy. I personally followed the 5 Minute Installation on WordPress, but I found a few things that weren’t listed as clearly as they could have been. What follows is the list I used when installing WordPress with a few clarifications.
- Download and unzip the WordPress package.
- Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
- Rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php.
- Open wp-config.php in a text editor and fill in your database details.
- Generate your secret WordPress key and paste it into wp-config.php.
- Upload the WordPress files in the desired location on your web server:
- Open your site in a web browser and follow the installation instructions.